Disneyland comes alive with twinkling lights and shows. The park lights up at night with fireworks, lights and excitement. Steve Martin put it best: “Disney’s greatest magic trick occurs every day at night when all the lights turn on and the Magic Kingdom transforms before our eyes.” Night brings incredible possibilities to Disneyland. Each attraction offers a different experience. There are many shows, parties and nighttime spectacles at Disneyland Resort. This list, which is presented in ascending order of “most immersive experiences”, will provide you with tips and tricks to make your vacation exciting and fun for all members of your family. These tips and tricks are from the Entertainment Guide to Disneyland after Dark to make your vacation unforgettable.
Fantastic! : The nighttime spectacle that showcases the power of dreams through Mickey Mouse’s eyes. Fantastic features appearances by many Disney characters including the Mark Twain, the Sailing Ship Columbia, and a 45-foot tall fire-breathing dragon. Fantastic must be seen. Disneyland has recently added FASTPASS and dining options to Fantastic. This is similar to World of Color. All the latest information can be found on our New Fantastic! Viewing Options blog post.
The World of Color A memorable experience filled with music, memories, water projections and fun. Each viewing location is unique. The World of Color can be viewed next to the water, allowing you to become part of the show. Observing the whole picture from behind will allow you to see all of it, including bubbles and fountains. World of Color inspires in any way you want. It changes according to the season or to celebrate a new film or event. It is called Winter Dreams, and it features Olaf, everyone’s favorite snowman.
3. Immediately after entering Disney California Adventure Park you should make your way to Grizzly River Run to get your FASTPASS for the evening’s show. Tickets are colored coded so get them as soon as possible. World of Color is a permanent attraction that can be found in different areas. To ensure the best view, arrive at least 45 minutes before showtime. *World of Color FASTPASS tickets are not restricted in that you can immediately get a FASTPASS to another attraction.
2. Reserve a table at Wine Country Trattoria and Arial’s Grotto to enjoy a reserved seat and a delicious meal. With every World of Color prix fixe meal, you’ll receive a preferred viewing ticket. A ticket can be purchased with a prix fixe lunch at Wine Country Taverna.
1. Cathay Circle Restaurant is a recreation of the theatre that Walt Disney first presented Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It offers preferential seating for World of Color, as well as your prix-fixe dinner or lunch.
Pro tip: Disneyland Park has “Glow With the Show” Mickey ears hats. These hats use radio frequency technology to make Mickey ears glow in different colors. This makes you part the show! They are available for purchase at the park for $25. The “Glow with the Show” hats can be purchased at the Mad T Party and Cars Land. Fireworks. You can see the Glow with the Show video at Disneyland.
Fireworks Disneyland’s fireworks are characterized by explosions that create the appearance of hearts, Mickey’s heads, smiley faces, and other unique shapes. They are synchronized with music to provide an emotional experience that is exciting for all ages. Disneyland also offers special versions of fireworks at certain times of year. The show will not play during Halloween Time. Jack Skellington and Zero, his ghost dog, host the show. The holidays are particularly magical when it snows on Main Street U.S.A. at the end of a special “White Christmas” version.
3. You don’t have to be surrounded by people to enjoy the fireworks at Big Thunder Mountain and the sideshow.
Areas within Frontier and and Fantasyland
2. You can also watch the fireworks from the plaza or fire station between the parks. You can also see fireworks from many local hotels. However, nothing beats being in the moment at the park.
1. Arrive early to immerse yourself into the magic. You will have the best view if you are near the castle or the Walt and Mickey statues.
Parades You can find a spot and grab a treat to watch the magic unfold. At the moment, Mickey’s Foundational Parade marches through Disneyland while the Pixar Play Parade bounces in Disney California Adventure Park.
3. Mickey’s Foundational Parade takes you from Town Square to a gate close to “it’s just a small world”. The Pixar Play Parade in California Adventure takes you from The Silly Symphony Swings up to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. You can enjoy great views from any point along the parade route. Try your best to get shorter guests a front row seat.
2. Disneyland: The restrooms near Alice in Wonderland, and the benches at the center of Main Street, U.S.A are great places to get lost in Mickey’s Foundational Parade. California Adventure: The Pixar Play Parade has a lot of bubbles. It seems like there are more at both the beginning and the end.
1. Disneyland: Best spot is the plaza right in front of Main Street’s train station, U.S.A. California Adventure : Best spot Cathay Circle Theatre. There’s more space to roam.
Pro tip: Parades are held in the parks during daylight hours, and at night during busier times. Both versions offer a different experience and are fun. A special pre-show featuring Elsa and Anna, as well as Olaf, begins 15 minutes prior to the first Mickey’s Foundational Parade. You won’t be able to see it if you arrive too late!
Radiator Springs “Sha Boom” neon lighting ceremony It is magical when Radiator Springs’ neon lights turn on at night. Children of all ages love the way the signs turn on at the “Sha Boom” lighting ceremony. Lighting McQueen, Mater and other cast members join the fun on most days. Ask a cast member if the lights will be on at the appropriate time if you are in the area before dark. Radiator Springs has many great spots!
Mad T Party California Adventure hosts a special night-time event where Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland-themed street-party is brought to life. The atmosphere is lively, full of excitement and bright colors. Live music is provided by the Caterpillar, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Street performers amaze the crowd in the “House of Cards”, and everyone can have fun in the Alice-themed arcade.